The Danish Bar Association
The Association of Danish Employment Lawyers
Areas of practice
Maria is a highly skilled attorney in our employment law department. She has worked with employment law and immigration law since 2007, incl. 7½ years at Denmark’s largest law firm, Kromann Reumert, and 1 year at an Employer Association, HORESTA.
Maria advises clients on all legal aspects related to the daily management of HR, incl.:
- Do's and don'ts when recruiting
- Negotiating terms of employment
- Drafting of employment contracts and executive service contracts
- Handling poor performance
- Drafting and implementation of employee policies
- Information and consultation obligations
- Control measures (surveillance of or other type of employee control)
- Employee use of social media - advantages and pitfalls
- Warnings and dismissals (with or without notice)
- Post-employment obligations (restrictive covenants etc.)
She advises employers (public and private) as well as employees.
Further, she advises employers regarding handling employees through change processes, such as:
- Transfer of undertakings, outsourcing and M&A
- Reorganisations (material change of terms, large scale redundancies etc.)
Finally, she has unique experience regarding matters relating to collective bargaining agreement such as:
- Handling of claim for collective bargaining agreement from union
- Negotiation and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements
Maria is experienced with handling cases before the Danish courts as well as arbitrational tribunals, and she has the right to appear before the Higher Courts in Denmark.
In addition to the above, Maria advises on commercial immigration law, incl.:
- Work and residence permits for workers and their accompanying family members (fast track scheme etc.)
- Business visas and other short term work related stays
Maria has a strong international network accomplished through participation in international conferences.
2004 Master at law – Copenhagen University
HORESTA employer association 2014-2015
Kromann Reumert 2007-2014
Ministry of Justice 2004-2007